Thursday, June 05, 2008
AC Milan’s Galliani denies agreeing terms with Adebayor
Ac Milan’s vice president Adriano Galliani has commented today on the news reported by Italian sports newspaper La Gazzetta Dello Sport that Adebayor had been in talks with AC Milan.
Adebayor is said to be top of coach Carlo Ancelotti's transfer targets as he looks to build a team capable of challenging for the Serie A title.
He is reported to have met with Milan officials over the past few days and shaken hands on a move to the Italian club.
Gazzetta dello Sport reported that a fee of around £32 million for Adebayor could prove a stumbling block for AC Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi.
However Galliani, although admitting that AC Milan are on the look out for top striker, has moved swiftly to deny the rumours.
When asked if the transfer is likely to come from England he said:
“I do not know. For now, there is also Paloschi which is excellent”
When pressed further whether an agreement has been reached with Adebayor he replied:
”We can not be make agreements with players”.
However Galliani would not be so foolish so as to admit to making an illegal approach to a player would he?
And if this statement may be true there is nothing to stop them speaking to Adebayor’s agent is there?
This may also be linked with the recent pay rise offered to Adebayor by Arsenal which looks like an attempt to close the barn door before the horse bolts out!
A major concern however is the fact that Adebayor has not come out to categorically deny the link.