Previous names: Dial Square, Royal Arsenal, Woolwich Arsenal
Google
 

Sunday, January 11, 2015

The five options for replacing Debuchy

By 1970's Gooner

It's a pity that Debuchy dislocated his shoulder. Arnautovic should have been booked. It was an excellent performance all round with Alexis Man of the Match of course.

 And I have to make a special mention of Coquelin who had another impressive game.  He is going to stay in the starting11 for a long time IMO, as I predicted right after his first appearence this season, much to the mock of some of the readers of this blog!

Still I am concerned about Man City away. We have to replace Debuchy and Wenger has some options available.

1. Play Chambers, I hope not!

2. Play Bellerin. Very likely as Wenger has opted for this option when he had to. I think this would be a risky decision as Man City have the players to put on Bellerin's side to really take advantage of his inexperience.

3. Play Monreal at right back and Gibbs at left. This could work.

4. Play Flamini. He has played at full back before but I am concerned about his lack of pace.

5. Here is the last but more interesting option. Play Koscienly at right back and either Chambers or Monreal at centre back. This would break the pairing of Kos and the BFG and I think this could prove risky.



No comments: