By 1970's Gooner
1. Chelsea's defence and overall team set up and organisation are slightly better than Arsenal's although Arsenal have improved a great deal this second half of the season
2. Ozil faded badly in the second half which was a major cause for the slowing down of the team and becoming much less penetrative
3. Arsenal's lack of width was a major weakness. All attacks were directed through the middle falling into Chelsea's trap. The full backs were not going forward too much and the wide players (Sanchez and Ramsey) were not really wide players. Walcott's introduction showed us what it might have been but alas it was too late
4. Giroud was ineffective
5. Coquelin is a much better defensive midfielder than Matic. He has more technical ability and vision.
6. Mertesacker has improved a lot when compared to the start of the season.
7. Arsenal are now up there with Chelsea in terms of competitiveness. If Arsene Wenger buys a quality keeper, Central defender and another Coquelin type of player we will win the League
Bellerin: Was not going forward enough but was good defensively. Kept Hazard quiet. 6
Monreal: The left back of the Premier League. 7
Koscienly: Up there with the Terrys. 8
Cazorla: Disappointing first half improved somewhat in the second. 5.5
Ramsey: Is wasted on the wing and came into his own when moved in the middle. 6
Ozil: Very good in the first half but very disappointing in the 2nd. Should have been substituted. 5.5
Sanchez: His effort cannot be disputed. The only one who went direct on them. 6.5
Sunday, April 26, 2015
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Arsenal easily contained the number 1 team in PL.
But I think Chelsea is deserving to be the top in Premier League and let see who will reign.
Post a Comment