Previous names: Dial Square, Royal Arsenal, Woolwich Arsenal
Google
 

Monday, February 09, 2009

Eduardo: “I am ready to test my fear of tackles”


By 1970’s Gooner

Eduardo is about to make his first “semi” competitive appearance for Croatia than for Arsenal.

This is even though Wenger had stated prior to the Spurs game that Eduardo was ready to play again.

He was after all included on the substitutes bench against Spurs but due to Arsenal going one man down Wenger probably wanted to keep his defensive options open.

This what Eduardo also believes:

“For me the big thing was that I was on the bench. I was hoping that I will go into the game, but we got the early red card, so there was no chance”.

He said this to the media in Bucharest where Croatia is due to play Romania in an international friendly on Wednesday.

He has however declared himself fit and raring to go:

“I'm ready; I could play the full 90 minutes if the coach asks me”

When asked however whether he still has the fear of a bad tackle in his mind he said that this game was a perfect opportunity to find out:

“I do not know yet. I would like to have the right match to test it, just like this in Bucharest”.

It appears however that Eduardo will come off the bench against Romania as Croatia coach Bilic believes that he should be eased into action slowly.

"Having spoken to Arsene Wenger and seen their practice sessions, I am assured that Eduardo is in great shape and he will play a part in Bucharest although he will not start”.

This accounts for the fact that Eduardo trained with what could be described as the second team yesterday.

Eduardo is hoping however that everything goes well and gets himself back into the reckoning for Croatia with a view to appearing for his adopted country in the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.

“I worked hard in recent months and I can not wait to put on the national team’s jersey. The opportunity to play in South Africa is there”.

Eduardo is Croatia’s fifth top marksman with 13 goals.

In front of him are ex Arsenal boy, Suker who is top with 45 goals, Srna has 17, Vlaović 16 and Niko Kovač with 15.

Good luck Dudu.

2 comments:

Vertino Aleci said...

I am so looking forward to seeing Eduardo play for Arsenal again :D
more so than Arshavin himself i guess.

Have written a blog post myself, your views would be interesting.

Anonymous said...

I found your post very well written and interesting.
It is indeed a wonder how we managed to keep in touch with the teams above us with so many injuries to key players.
As you point out Man U, Liverpool, Aston Villa and Chelsea would not have coped if they had similar injuries to key players.keep up the good work!