Previous names: Dial Square, Royal Arsenal, Woolwich Arsenal
Google
 

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Eduardo:" No problem lasts forever"

By Simon Pretswell

Arsenal forward Eduardo has admitted he has forgotten about his horror injury which left him sidelined for over a year and is just happy to be back playing football again.

The Brazilian-born hitman insists he is playing without fear of suffering a repeat injury. He is also convinced Arsenal will enjoy a strong finish to the 2008/09 season.

The Croatian striker capped his return from injury with a stunning goal against Burnley on Sunday, volleying into the top corner with an unstoppable left footed strike.

This adds to the two goals he scored on his comeback match against Cardiff last month.

Arsene Wenger hailed Eduardo's strike as the best goal he had witnessed this season, but Eduardo was uncertain if it was his best ever.

“I don’t know if it’s the best goal I have scored in my career, but it’s certainly one of my favourites because it shows that I am definitely back after a long absence,” he told Croatian newspaper Sports Novosti.

“I’m overjoyed and I just have to thank my coach, my team-mates and my family, plus everyone else whose support I relied on.

“I’m convinced that I’m on the right path, going into challenges without fear and training and playing normally.

“My leg break was almost 13 months ago – no problem lasts forever.”

Eduardo's return to the Gunners first team has come at a time when everything is starting to come together for the club, who have suffered a difficult season.

England winger Theo Walcott also returned from a three month absence against Burnley while Emmanuel Adebayor, Tomas Rosicky and Cesc Fabregas are all close to making their first team returns.

The Croatian believes things are set up nicely for a strong end to the season.

“I’m sure Arsenal are on the up now. We can turn things around this season.

“We’re playing brilliantly, so the results will follow.”

One thing is for sure, Eduardo’s return to action and the goal threat he brings with him has given a lift to everyone at the club and supporters alike.


No comments: